Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back for the New Semester

On 1.September I returned from my holiday into my office. The email inbox had closed due to overflow, so the first item to do was to save the emails with the largest attachments in a local folder.

Overall the first days after the summer break were quiet: no students are here yet, the campus appears empty. However, there is a lot of work going on in the offices: staff prepare their lectures and assignments for the coming semester, the time table is being setup, and the curriculum for the semester is finalised.

In order to cope with the variety of projects in which I am involved, I have devised a new method handling the often changing tasks, requirements, and ideas for those projects: somewhat based on "agile software development". It involves a patch of paper and handwritten notes. I hope to be able to create a software for this approach eventually.

No comments: