Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cancelled Talk at St.-Aidans High School

Weeks ago, Steve Wilkinson had asked me to deliver a talk at the St.-Aidans High School in Harrogate. So I prepared a talk about robotic driverless vehicles, which I thought would be interesting and entertaining to those high school students. Also Paul Emery agreed to give a talk there. But on this Thursday morning, the roads were full of snow, with ice underneath. I drove ok on the A61 towards north, and I would have made it in time to be at the school at 10:00. But we got a call from the school that this event was cancelled, because only a few students had made it to the school under these adverse weather conditions.

The talk will be given at another time, probably in the New Year. This meant that I could give my scheduled MSc lectures (Mobile Wireless Computing) here at Leeds Met without the cover that Steve Wilkinson had offered.

No comments: